Friday, March 24, 2017

Additional Feedback, Plot Changes

      Last blog post left off discussing the feedback that was received after the group activity that took place on Wednesday. As I mentioned, we were all split into groups, which means my partner Maria and I were in different groups, receiving different feedback. I found this to be very useful, because my group and I changed and tweaked certain things, while her group changed and tweaked others. For example, Maria's group decided that it would be beneficial to us if we created more of a backstory for our killer, and our story in general, that way the film opening would flow better. This is something that both Maria and I and planning to do now that it has been pointed out to us. Without this group activity we may have never realized that we needed to add to our story. Her group decided that we should switch off from character to character in the film opening so that both characters are introduced, rather than just the girl, and having the killer pop up out of nowhere.

       My group, on the other hand, decided that we should think about what happens after the film opening, and kind of plan out the whole movie, in order to decide on what direction we want to go in in the beginning. I also liked the fact that we were able to see other film openings, and how others are going about this project. To me this was comforting to see that even though this is a tough task, everybody is in the same boat.

http://www.nownovel.com/blog/talking-character-backstory/

No comments:

Post a Comment