Sunday, March 12, 2017

        As I begin to plan out my film, the first order of business was to find out what genre would be the perfect fit. The most challenging part of this entire thing is the fact that you have to create something completely from scratch. However, I like that I have the freedom to think of whatever I want. In order to pinpoint what genre we would go with for our film opening , we started researching the top movies of 2016 through 2017. We looked for trends such as which genres occurred the most throughout the lists. We are striving to ensure that our film is successful and is highly thought of. I researched the top rated movies on Rotten Tomatoes. I chose this site because they are well known and reliable movie critics. After conducting my research, I found out that the top rated genres in 2016-2017 were drama and thrillers. While these are the most prominent genres, others spark my interest as well, like adventure, and comedy.

        After analyzing all of my options, and listing all of the pros and cons for each genre, my partner and I decided on a thriller. Not only is it one of the most popular genres at the time, but we also have a lot of different options to choose from and directions to go in. Just about everybody enjoys a good thriller, so my partner and I decided we could not go wrong by selecting that. Now that I have finally settled on a genre, I can shift my focus on to other things like the plot aspects, and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment